Video Stream Engineer
Engineering, Ho Chi Minh city, Full-time
At Uiza, we believe that video will make a huge impact on the world that we are living in and shift it along with its technologies in a new direction. That is the reason why we carry a mission of making video universally accessible by building a Universal Streaming Operating System that could power all videos. We have been serving developers and their audiences in 180 countries in the world in a wide-range of use-cases.
Uiza is committed to each Uizadian’s (the way we call ourselves) growth, learning, development and entire employee experience. We restlessly promote growth mindset, innovation, transparency and commitment because we know that our vision is only achieved when our team members succeed. We want you and your ideas to thrive at Uiza. Come join us.
We’re looking for an engineer to own and lead our efforts to make our streaming platform reliable, adaptive to varying network conditions, and as high quality as possible. A great candidate will be comfortable contributing to both the client and server, will bring knowledge of video codecs and media streaming, and also be happy to learn new things and help improve any part of the system.
- Improving video quality and latency in poor network conditions;
- Optimizing the client library to improve streaming performance and reduce latency;
- Measuring performance and stream quality at a deep level, and using that as a yardstick against which we measure progress;
- Coming up with novel solutions to fix tricky corner cases that users experience;
- Developing techniques to improve streaming reliability and quality on all platforms, including mobile;
- Communicating with users directly to troubleshoot problems and gain a qualitative sense of user happiness with the product.
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience with C/C++ or LUA;
- Experience with Linux/Unix system;
- Deep knowledge of networking, and real world experience with dealing with the unpredictability and variability of the internet (e.g., packet loss, latency, bandwidth estimation, FEC);
- Academic background in Computer Science or a related field;
- Experience in startup environments.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Work directly with the engineer director level, learn from the best;
- Challenging projects with a casual and friendly work environment;
- Creativity and innovation are highly appreciated;
- Career development in an international company;
- The chance to improve your hard and soft skills through workshops, knowledge sharing sessions and presentations on multiple IT-related topics.