Developer Relations Manager
Growth, Singapore, Full-time
At Uiza, we believe that video will make a huge impact on the world that we are living in and shift it along with its technologies in a new direction. That is the reason why we carry a mission of making video universally accessible by building a Universal Streaming Operating System that could power all videos. We have been serving developers and their audiences in 180 countries in the world in a wide-range of use-cases.
Uiza is committed to each Uizadian's (the way we call ourselves) growth, learning, development and entire employee experience. We restlessly promote growth mindset, innovation, transparency and commitment because we know that our vision is only achieved when our team members succeed. We want you and your ideas to thrive at Uiza. Come join us.
About the position
Developer Relation Manager is responsible for establishing strong relationships with developers around the world in a scalable way, by crafting great resources to help developers build with Uiza, including samples, blog posts, and documentation. You’ll foster developers communities, championing their interests and translating their feedback into actionable product insights.
At its core, your mission will be to build a thriving, connected developer community around the Uiza platform. You will work directly with developers from partners, customers, and open-source projects to give them the support and energy they need to succeed. As the bridge between external developers and Uiza, your relationships and broad view on the developer community will be key creating a tight feedback loop with our product and engineering leadership.
If you’re passionate about connecting with developers, trying out new frameworks and technologies, and sharing what you’ve learned with the world, we’d love to hear from you.
- Create momentum and drive adoption of the platform through your interactions with developers building applications on Uiza.
- Champion Uiza’s developer products in person and online by presenting at conferences, writing technical tutorials, publishing articles and videos.
- Build inspiring demos, sample apps, and continuously improve the developer experience of our APIs and SDKs.
- Write blog posts and tutorials, and use social media in order to share knowledge, request feedback, collaborate and engage with fellow developers.
- Provide support via channels such as the Uiza community Slack, Twitter, StackOverflow and GitHub.
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to grow our developer community.
- Influence the direction of our developer products by gathering insights from our developer community.
- Create opportunities for other Uiza employees to engage with developer communities
- Creative, empathetic, communicative, and clever.
- Confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences, large and small.
- Adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly.
- Strong hands-on developer who is comfortable with full-stack development.
- Intellectually curious, with great problem-solving skills.
- A love for people, and a desire to help them achieve their wildest dreams.
- Happy to travel regularly.
- Experience working in developer relations, developer advocacy, developer evangelism, developer community management, or a related field.
- History of participation in open source developer communities, through contributions or other leadership activities.
- Fluency in another major language would be considered an added asset (Spanish/Chinese/Portuguese).
- Bachelors or Masters, ideally in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Advanced degree would be considered an added asset.