Senior Data Engineer
Engineering, Ho Chi Minh city, Full-time
At Uiza, we believe that video will make a huge impact on the world that we are living in and shift it along with its technologies in a new direction. That is the reason why we carry a mission of making video universally accessible by building a Universal Streaming Operating System that could power all videos. We have been serving developers and their audiences in 180 countries in the world in a wide-range of use-cases.
Uiza is committed to each Uizadian's (the way we call ourselves) growth, learning, development and entire employee experience. We restlessly promote growth mindset, innovation, transparency and commitment because we know that our vision is only achieved when our team members succeed. We want you and your ideas to thrive at Uiza. Come join us.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation and incorporation.
- Communicate with product heads to understand product’ requirements.
- Respond and follow up to incorporate feedback and draw new insights.
- Prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Maintain & Optimize in-house data infrastructure including database, ETL pipeline
- Explore and benchmark data systems
- Build/Adopt real-time data processing engine
- Build/Adopt machine learning infrastructure
- Develop data algorithms and ETL pipeline
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Mentor data engineers in the team.
Your Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering. Specialization in data science or a higher degree is a big plus.
- At least 02-years experience building data platforms and pipelines for analytics
- Excellence at Python, Java, Scala
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu) OS
- Experience with different database systems: MongoDB, Postgresql, Elasticsearch, …
- Experience with Storm, Flink, Spark is plus.
- Exposure to emerging open source technologies.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in SQL (T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions…)
- Minimum of 3 year experiences in Design & Developing ETL processes that extract data from multiple data sources
- Minimum of 3 year experiences in Fine tune to optimize performances
- Experience with microservice, have at least project with microservice model.
- Experience with AWS service, EC2, Lambda, SQS, RDS
- Experience with AWS service: Kinesis, Athena, Redshift is plus.
- Willingness to learn and able to pick up new technology or new concepts fast;
- Able to work independently as well as in collaborative mode with minimum supervision;
- Work productively even under pressure;
- Possess good work ethic, attitude with good follow-through;
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English.
- Have at least one semina about your project or technology.
- Have trained other engineer from fresher to junior or intermediate level.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Ample opportunities to grow. You get to propose your own ideas and see it through.
- Work with passionate, talented and driven colleagues who get things done!
- Challenging and exciting problems that await you to solve.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Coverage.
- Personal Development Fund for courses and materials.